What's Your Beauty Resolution for 2016? Ours Are...
Hey Dreamers and Creators!
The New Year is here ( has been for a while) and we must ask, what's your beauty resolution for 2016?
You guys know Dreams To Creations is written by both myself and my mom. The two of us chatted about resolutions for 2016 last December and we thought it would be fun to create beauty resolutions too. We challenge our dear readers to join us and create beauty resolutions of their own! At the end of the year, we'll look back at the beauty resolutions we created and see how far we've come.
Beauty resolutions doesn't have to be about being on top of beauty trends or following that 20 step skincare routine someone famous uses. Instead, create goals and care for your skin at the pace you want. After all, we all have busy lives and what works for one might not work for the other. So let's motivate each other and give a little more love to our skin this year!
Did you know that skin is the largest organ in our body? It does so much for us so it only makes sense for us to take care of it in return. Caring for such a large organ might sound like a daunting task. Where do you start? Well, here are some tips to help you out.
1. Get to know your skin. Like really get to know it. If you want your skin to be in the best shape possible, you have to know what you are dealing with. That means knowing your skin type and what it needs. A person's skin type can change due to seasonal changes, environmental changes, diet changes, and many other reasons. So it's good to analyze your skin monthly (or as often as you can) so you know what you are dealing with.
2. Wear Sunscreen. Seriously. If you can, wear sunscreen everyday as sunscreen protects us from sun damages that's known to cause aging and other issues such as skin cancer. Sun damages can occur during any season. Even if the sky looks gloomy with no sun in sight, it's up there and it's damaging like it's nobody's business.
3. Don't pick, use acne patches instead. You know what we are talking about. That red and angry looking blemish might look like it needs a good picking but it really doesn't. When you pick it or pop it, heck even just touch it, you could infect it or cause its bacteria to spread to other areas, resulting in more breakouts. Instead, try to cover those blemishes with acne patches that can help with the healing process. It will also help you avoid acne scarring.
4. Wash your face. This might sound like a no-brainer but it's really important. Let's be honest, we've all had those nights when we've been out late with friends and don't get home until 2 or 3 am. We are tired, sleepy, and the only thing we want is our bed. It will take a lot of willpower to get our butts to the bathroom and cleanse. However, we'll do it because we all know what can happen if we don't. If you don't know, let's just say without proper cleansing our skin can get clogged (think blackheads), pimples can sprout, and aging can occur at a faster rate.
5. Eat well and exercise. We are sure you've heard this a thousand times, now it's one thousand and one, what you eat is just as important as what you put on your skin. Try eating more skin friendly food and drink the recommended amount of water. Exercise is important and you've probably heard the reasons more than one thousand and one times, so we'll spare you. Try and add workouts into your daily life, like squats during TV time or even when you are brushing your teeth. It can sound like a pain when you are just starting out, but your future self will thank you.
6. Make time for a little Me-Time. All of our lives can get busy and sometimes we forget to give ourselves that much needed me-time. So, take a little time for yourself every evening or whenever you can. Pamper yourself with a face mask, a bath, or whatever your me-time entails. You won't regret it.
7. Love all of your skin. Found the perfect routine for you face? What about your neck, hands, arms, body, legs, and feet? Those parts needs some love too. Even if it's just washing it in the shower and applying body lotion, every little bit counts. If you have the time, try giving your hands a massage while applying hand cream. Give you legs and feet a massage, exfoliate your entire body, or apply neck cream. You body will thank you.
Bonus: Don't get carried away by trends. You know the trends we are talking about. Some trends are worth a skip. Don't just follow a trend or buy a product because everyone else is doing it. It might not work for you and it might cause harm.
Now that you've read the tips, are you ready to create your own beauty resolution for 2016? If you need some examples, here are our beauty resolutions for 2016:
Helen: "My beauty resolution for 2016 is to make more time to take care of my skin. I want to make more time for masks and packs to care for my aging skin. I also want to care for my skin from the inside out and exercise more regularly."
Michelle: "My beauty resolution for 2016 is to take better care of my skin both inside and out. I want to be persistent with my routines and find more time for masks. Beauty isn't just about what you put on your skin. It's also about what you put inside your body. So, I will work towards eating more skin friendly food and exercising more."
Comment below if you want to share your own beauty resolution for 2016! We would love to read about it.
Follow us on our social media platforms to see what we are up to and get the latest news on beauty, reviews, & Momo!
Google+: +Dreams To Creations
Until next time~
~ Helen and Michelle